Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Price Of Contentment

The past 9-10 years I have been mostly content. Not full of angst. Not full of bliss. Just content.

Between the ages of 14 and 21, my feelings ranged from complete bliss to complete angst. During those years I wrote a lot of bad poetry, usually inspired by some boy.

A calmness hit me at age 26. I think that is the age I truly became an adult. At that point I decided it was time to stop giving in to instant gratification, and start seriously perusing long-term goals. I stopped daydreaming and became what I considered normal.

I don't think meeting Rob when I was 27 was accidental. I feel the universe really does work out.

I hadn't missed the flaky girl I had been, until recently. That girl may have had her flaws, but she lived with inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment